Sunday, April 8, 2007

Beyonce's New DVD: Available Exclusively at Wal-Mart

"Beyonce may be one of the hardest working women in show business," says the Chronicle Herald of the 25-year-old singer/actress who has recorded EIGHT VIDEOS in two weeks for her new DVD, the B'Day Anthology Video Album.



photo credit: www.walmart.com


The DVD that features songs (and of course, music videos) from her Grammy Award-winning album, B'Day, was released last April 3rd. The video album, according to Beyonce, was something she has always wanted to do so that her fans wouldn't have to go to YouTube to watch her videos. If so, why is the DVD exclusively sold at Wal-Mart?

According to Beyonce's official website, the video album is exclusively sold at Wal-Mart stores and online at www.walmart.com. I have heard about other big music artists who have also done the same, but I really don't know why they're making it so difficult for their fans in other parts of the world to access their DVDs. I mean, the minute I found out that the Pussycat Dolls released their Live from London DVD, I immediately got myself a copy at the mall and popped it into the DVD player as soon as I got home. If I purchased it online, it would've taken days or weeks until I got to watch it. Oh, and it's not just about quick and easy access -- how about kids who don't have credit cards, or those who have parents who don't allow their children to purchase anything online?

Oh, well. At least there are still some lucky ones who can have the trouble of purchasing it online for a low, low price of US$9.72 (about 460Php) -- plus shipping -- at Wal-Mart. After all, patience is a virtue.

No comments: