Saturday, April 7, 2007

Avril Lavigne's New Look


photo credit: www.hollywoodtuna.com

You'd think getting married, hiring a new stylist and developing a whole new look would reflect on Avril Lavigne's music -- NOT.

Avril Lavigne has gone from punk pop-rock chick to pretty pop princess. Is it possible that the I-don't-give-a-shi* attitude she had going on a few years back was just an act? Maybe she was just one of those talented teens who got signed along with prescribed packaging to follow. Who knows?




But things would probably turn out even better for the singer if she wrote better, more mature songs. I have never been a big fan of Avril Lavigne, but I was quite disappointed after hearing her new single, Girlfriend. At first I thought it was probably just an Avril sound-alike, but I couldn't believe it was really her singing, "(Hey, hey! You, you!) I don't like your girlfriend... (No way, no way!) I think you need a new one... (Hey, hey! You, you!) I could be your girlfriend..." Here's her music video. See for yourself:


video credit: www.youtube.com

Oh, dear. She makes Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff's music sound way more mature, if you ask me.


C.L.

No comments: